“Tabling” is a fun and creative way to engage members of the public and provide information on the programs available at MSPCA-Angell. Tabling and Event volunteers will gain a firm understanding of the Community Outreach Program, our adoption philosophy, and volunteer and foster opportunities. This role is for individuals who are energized by interacting with people and have a deep sense of compassion with a desire to help both animals and people.
- Representing the MSPCA-Angell at local tabling events by sharing information on our available programs and answering questions
- Prepare a table with outreach materials and giveaways that is visually pleasing
- Compassionately and enthusiastically engage with the public to inspire action towards our mission
- Attend events across the Northshore either independently or with another Tabling Volunteer. Volunteers are not to bring guests or pets with them to events.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Charismatic and an effective communicator
- Ability to work independently and with other volunteers
- Attendance of a volunteer orientation and training
- Physically able to carry outreach materials and a foldable table and chairs to the event location if not provided by the venue
- Ability to stand for long periods to address members of the public
- Access to a personal vehicle to transport supplies to events
- Six month commitment
- Attendance of at least one event per month