Enrichment Team volunteers help support a dog’s sensory needs in order to help reduce boredom, stress, and undesirable behaviors. Volunteers will focus on providing in-kennel support to our animals by creating enrichment activities and coordinating distribution to our dog population. This includes filling Kong toys, lick plates, puzzle toys, snuffle mats, and other novel items. The regular responsibilities also include cleaning the kitchen, keeping inventory of supplies, and communicating with staff.
This is a hands-off role with animals but has the potential to transition to a Dog Care Volunteer position.
*Please note that this position requires the use of Peanut Butter. People with severe peanut allergies are recommended to apply to other roles or reach out to email@example.com with questions.
- Follow a distribution schedule to determine what enrichment will be created.
- Keep inventory of food, items, and other supplies and submit a request for restock of any low items.
- Creating, filling, and cleaning enrichment items for our adoptable dog population.
- Communicating with staff to determine who will be responsible for the distribution of enrichment items each shift.
- Observing and reporting any concerns around the distribution of enrichment to the behavior team.
- Maintaining a clean working space before and after preparing enrichment items.
- Empty trash and recycling.
- Able to be self aware of body language when working around animals.
- Ability to work independently and with other volunteers and staff.
- Time management skills and being able to follow directions.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Physical capacity to repetitively lift up to 40lbs, bend, kneel, climb ladders, and stand in one spot for up to an hour.
- Attendance at a virtual orientation and on-the-job training.
- A weekly 2 hour shift on a set day and time.
- Minimum of a 4 month commitment after onboarding period.
Below are the gaps in our volunteer schedule that we are looking to fill. Please make sure your personal schedule lines up with our needs, otherwise your application may not be accepted.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays:
- 9am – 11am
- 1pm – 3pm
- 5pm -7pm
- No weekend availability at this time.