Northeast Animal Shelter, located in Salem, MA, has created this new full-time position to assist the Development Director by performing the day-to-day tasks associated with the Shelter’s gift processing and donor services activities.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for gift and donor data entry and acknowledgment, and serves as the donor services contact for fundraising related issues. This position provides administrative support to the Development Director, oversees the shelter’s Naming Opportunities program, and performs other tasks relevant to the development department.
- Gift processing and database maintenance:
- Opens mail, deposits and scans checks, runs credit card donations, prepares batch reports, and other related tasks as needed
- Enters donations into the Shelter’s CRM database in a timely manner. Alerts Director of Development of high dollar and other special donations
- Reviews weekly gift files, generates acknowledgement letters for all gifts and ensures they are sent in a timely manner. Prepares customized letters for high dollar gifts.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of database system; ensures database hygiene by monitoring and clearing out problematic records and gifts on a regular basis
- Monitors donations made online and troubleshoots/provides follow up support as needed
- Donor services:
- Handles general gift related calls and emails and notifies Development Director of situations requiring his/her attention
- Documents and tracks donor communications and actions to conclusion
- Oversees the Shelter’s Naming Opportunities program
- Oversees internal mailings and coordinates volunteers as needed
- Serves as NEAS representative at events and other fundraising opportunities
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, mail merge, etc) and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Familiarity with donor databases (CRM’s) preferred
Qualifications and Education:
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior fundraising/development experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation as this work requires travel to the shelter, retail establishments, events, and the ability to transport mail and purchases.
Apply for the Development Coordinator position here.