Clinic Assistant Volunteers will support clinic staff in basic medical care and data entry. These jobs can include: pet intake, health assessments, restraining pets for procedures, transport pets to the vet, help with daily meds, and more. Clinic Assistant Volunteers may also be required to assist in general animal care duties. In addition to the previously mentioned tasks, Clinic Assistant Volunteers may be required to assist in other responsibilities as set forth by the Clinic Manager, Veterinarians, or the Volunteer Manager.
Requirements for the position:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have basic understanding of medical terminology and medical procedures.
- Must be willing and able to follow all isolation (ISO) protocols regarding PPE (personal protective equipment) and potential for cross contamination
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and potentially guests in an empathetic and supportive manner
- Ability to be judgement free in challenging or emotional situations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Consistently and reliably report for scheduled shifts on time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and stand for 4 hours
- Must be able to restrain both small and large dogs/cats that may be fractious
- “Advanced” Clinic Volunteers that have the appropriate training may be asked to assist in the surgical suite