Cat Adoptions Assistant volunteers are excited to assist staff in helping adopters learn all about their new furry friend. This is an opportunity for people who are excited to engage with the public. Cat Adoption Assistant volunteers should have attention to detail, some animal handling experience, strong customer service skills, be adaptable to the changing needs of the adoption center, and be excited to be a representative of the MSPCA and our programs. Adoption Assistant volunteers will work alongside adoption staff to create an efficient adoption experience during open adoption hours. They are computer savvy and are able to balance online forms and physical paperwork. They also love talking to people and are good listeners (especially when listening to stories of adopter’s pets!)
Adoption Assistants will also act as a greeter/receptionist on occasion, fielding phone calls and helping people fill out adoption inquiry forms. However, their main priority will be supporting our staff and adoptions matchmaking team.
- Photocopying, printing, and other administrative tasks as needed by staff during adoption hours
- Carry animals in carriers to adopters
- Gather retail items as needed for adopters
- Monitor the cat adoption room during open hours and promote adoptable cats.
- Assist visitors with questions regarding the MSPCA and adoption process.
- Use an empathetic, non-judgmental approach that is in line with the MSPCA Adoption Philosophies
- Work to ensure the cleanliness of each visiting room and cat kennels post-adoption.
- Assist with afternoon Cat Care duties as needed which may include cleaning cages, feeding, and organizing supply areas.
- Volunteers who demonstrate success may be trained to assist with completion of cat and dog adoptions.
- Potential growth opportunity to assist staff with adoptable dog meets and monitor visiting rooms.
- Previous volunteering experience with animals is a plus, but not required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Some knowledge of animal body language.
- Excellent customer service skills with an empathetic, non-judgmental approach.
- Ability to work independently and with other volunteers and staff.
- Able to efficiently use a computer, the internet, and learn new software.
- This shift requires a combination of standing and walking for the duration of the shift.
- Emotional ability to handle difficult situations involving animals.
- Remain flexible during shifts which includes the willingness and ability to quickly respond to changing circumstances.
- Attendance at virtual orientation. These are offered 2-3 times a month, on weekday evenings.
- Attendance at a training shift.
- One weekly 4 hour shift on a set day and time. Please ensure one of the shifts listed as currently available matches your schedule before applying.
- Minimum Commitment is 6 consecutive months after onboarding. This may take up to a month after acceptance and is dependent on your availability for an orientation and training. Training requires one-time weekend availability. Extended commitments welcome!
- Weekday shifts currently are not available.
- Weekend shifts currently available are Saturday afternoons (11am – 3pm) and evenings (1pm – 5pm)