Animal Care Volunteers will support staff in caring for both dogs and cats for all daily needs. In addition to caring for animals, the Animal Care Volunteer may be required to assist in other tasks as set forth by the Animal Care Manager, Animal Care Supervisors, other members of management, or the Volunteer Manager. These tasks may include laundry, dishes, and cleaning.
Requirements for the position:
- Must be 16 years of age with a permit to volunteer
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and potentially guests in an empathetic and supportive manner
- Ability to be judgement free in challenging or emotional situations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Consistently and reliably report for scheduled shifts on time
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.